QoMEX’21 will run virtually over Zoom, so it is important that attendees list the email they use to sign-in to Zoom when registering on EDAS.
Presentations will be in the form of pre-recorded videos, followed by a live Q&A session where authors are expected to be present and answer questions from the audience. Please see the schedule for presentation times. ALL AUTHORS are required to prepare a video recording of their presentation and upload them to EDAS by the deadline of May 30th (23:59:59 Anywhere on Earth). Failure to upload the video by the deadline will be the equivalent of a no-show and papers will not be available in the conference proceedings or on IEEExplore.
Full paper presentations will be limited to 12 minutes with an extra 3 minutes for Q&A. Videos longer than 12 minutes will not be accepted by EDAS, so please pay careful attention to your timing.
Short paper presentations will be limited to 7 minutes with an extra 3 minutes set for Q&A. Videos longer than 7 minutes will not be accepted by EDAS, so please pay careful attention to your timing.
Your presentation should be comprised of a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice over slides for your presentation. The file must be a video file in MP4 format, and your presentation must include the title of the paper, the authors, and mention QoMEX 2021. Naming convention should follow EDASID_X.mp4 where EDASID corresponds to the 10-digit paper ID assigned to your paper by EDAS and X should either be ‘full’ or ‘short’ based on your paper type. Please do not try to upload Powerpoint or PDF files. Files will be checked and those not compliant will not be accepted.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- Create Voice Over Power pointand convert to MP4
The recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries. More instructions can be found here.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, and MP4 format before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
To upload your pre-recorded video (.mp4) to EDAS:
- First, log onto EDAS and click on your accepted paper.
- Under: “Video presentation” right below the submitted “Final Manuscript” (see image below).
- Click the cloud icon/ From there, follow the instructions to upload your presentation by 30 May 2021. Note the duration limits for full (12 minutes) and short (7 minutes) papers.
- Video presentation upload is only enabled after authors have submitted their camera-ready manuscript AND the paper registration has been made (deadline 20 May 2021).
- File Format: MPEG-4 (.mp4) file (use the normal H.264 video and AAC audio codecs)
- Video Size: HD (1280 x 720 or other “720p” setting)
- Audio Quality: please double check your files before submitting to make sure the audio is clear and audible!
- File size: please limit your video presentations to a maximum of 500Mb
If you have any issues uploading your presentation to EDAS, please contact florian[dot]metzger[at]uni-wuerzburg[dot]de. As a final reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows.
We look forward to making QoMEX’21 a success within this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor!
** fixed deadlines, no extensions **